[petsc-dev] Fortran source format

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 19 13:38:37 CDT 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Jed Brown wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:23:45 -0500 (CDT), Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> > The following change should add this flag automatically [have to make
> > sure it actually works]. If it works - I'll add it to petsc-31.
>
> I was hoping to avoid doing this unconditionally (because I think
> -Wline-truncation is an *extremely* useful warning for Fortran).

Yeah - the current choices we have are not good. Perhaps the test can
be more fine grained.

One way is attempt a compile using sample code with '&' in 73rd column
- and if a warning is obtained - try using -Wno-line-truncation. But
then this test should be done after -Wall flag is accepted..

A simpler code could be:

if isGfortran450(): add '-Wno-line-truncation'

Satish