[petsc-dev] Why does TSDefaultComputeJacobianColor exist?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 15 12:57:26 CDT 2010

    Sadly, I do not remember why I needed to have a separate version
for TS, but I do remember not being happy with needing one but not
finding a good alternative.

    The function in the TS case has an extra t argument, that is
definitely part of the reason there is separate code but I do not
remember if there are other reasons.

    It would be a good thing if they could be all merged together,

    Barry