[petsc-dev] Apple sadness

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 12 13:49:46 CDT 2010

We [sean and I] have a better fix for this issue.

Basically we have to run dsymutil on the binary/.dylib - before the .o
files are deleted. This creates binary.dSYM dir - which has the debug
info - thats available for the debugger.

I've pushed a fix for libpetsc.dylib to petsc31/dev- so that part
works now.

However - when the application is built - for example - ex1.c, ex1.o
gets deleted aswell by our makefiles, so that part of the debug
symbols are still missing.  [we don't have a generic target here to
modify - so I'm not sure how to deal with it]

satish