[petsc-dev] post 3.1 reorganization of PETSc DMMG code

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 2 21:29:29 CDT 2010

On a somewhat related note: would it make sense to have the functionality to
attach options or just character strings to PetscObjects?
We have ways of attaching reals, ints and arrays
thereof to objects, but not character strings or options (named strings).
I would find it convenient in various situations.
It would also mirror the way we are able to compose named functions or
PetscObjects
with a given PetscObject.

Dmitry.