sbaij & hermitian mat-vec multiplication

Christos Kartsaklis christos.kartsaklis at ichec.ie
Fri Oct 30 05:00:38 CDT 2009

Hi guys. Following up on a previous user request, I've been looking at
supporting hermitian mat-vec multiplication for the SBAIJ
implementation. I haven't played with petsc before, so please forgive me
for not understanding the internals. So, SBAIJ uses the transpose of the
upper band where access to the lower band is needed. Am I right to
believe that what is needed to be done is to have the SBAIJ data
retriever (such as MatGetValues_MPISBAIJ) modified such that on
sub-diagonal accesses the conjugate of the original values are returned
instead (possibly by updating the contents of the "v" argument once
filled in)?

Cheers,
Christos