ideas needed on organizing output of PETSc nightly tests

Andy Ray Terrel aterrel at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 26 17:32:02 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>   The raw output PETSc's nightly test runs are now finally available online
> at, see the bottom of
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/developers/index.html for access
> location.
>
>   What we need is ideas (and python scripts that implement these ideas) for
> displaying the information in a useful way so that we keep track of them and
> find (and fix) problems when they come up.
> (The current crude scripts are in bin/maint).
>
>   Anybody with ideas please step forward, thanks,
>
>   Barry

I've always liked the buildbot project for these things:
http://buildbot.net/trac

Not having time right now to read through the runner code, I can't
tell whether it would be easier to set up their runners and  webpages
or to just mimic the web interface for clicking through the most
recent tests.  For a working example you can see the sympy's version:
http://buildbot.sympy.org/grid

-- Andy