person who wrote PetscRandomGetValueReal() PetscRandomGetValueImaginary()

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 23 15:14:28 CDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov>
> wrote:
>
>   I thought I was working on builder.py? Crude, yes, but the way I
> want it :-).
>
>   Were you adding code to builder.py?
>
> Yep. I am all for this. However, two people on such a small piece of
> code is hard.
> Also, didn't you ask me to put that stuff in?

    Sorry I must have miscommunicated. I thought you were finished
when you added the basic code that could compile some .c code (that's
what I wanted from you, since that required knowledge of the
particular configure objects and variables to get out the compiler,
the compiler flags etc.). So I started working on it. I didn't expect
that you would keep on working on it.

    If they are like totally different, maybe you should rename yours
builder2.py (not try to merge) and then we can decide how to proceed.
(for example, toss mine, toss yours, or I could pick chunks of yours
that I like).

   Barry