Test mails

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 25 22:35:25 CST 2009

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> I think we should make the log files into links in the test
> emails. Satish, which scripts generates these?

The nightly builds are currently controlled by a cronjob from
~petsc/.crontab.rc

Each build is listed in the crontab file with jobnames same as the
files in bin/maint/confignightly/

bin/maint/copynightly JOBNAME copies the logfiles from the relevant
job over to the ftp site.

A different cronjob sends an e-mail. Right not there is no script -
just a direct invocation of mail. If we want to add just the URL to
the location of the files its a simple change.

If you want URLs for each file autogenerated - perhaps we'll have to
move the e-mail part of the functionality to a script which does the
relavent work - and then sends the e-mail to the appropriate person.

Satish