Why did you removed PETSC_ARCH_NAME variable in makefiles?

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Wed Nov 25 12:39:45 CST 2009

Barry,

I think the use of PETSC_ARCH_NAME is motivated by a request I sent in
December last year, see http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/petsc-dev/2008-December/001120.html

We use it when configuring SLEPc with a prefix-based PETSc. If you
remove this variable, we will have to think about an alternative way
of supporting that case.

Jose