-malign-double

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 17 13:48:23 CST 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 2:50 PM, Jed Brown wrote:

> so.  BTW, should we put PAPI support into PETSc, it no longer needs
> kernel patches with 2.6.31.

     The basics are there in config/PETSc/packages/PAPI.py and
initialization in plog.c and eventLog.c It would be good to add counts
for cache misses etc.

     I got frustrated because with intel there are multiple
instructions to do similar things that have separate counts so the
results you get out are not really what you want. Plus, since Jack is
involved in PAPI , it pretty much sucks.

    Barry