[petsc-maint #37691] problem with petsc4py

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:26:58 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>>>
>>>  petsc-dev should be setup to always use the appropriate petsc4py so this
>>> shit works automatically.
>>>

>> However, please note that I cannot guarantee that petsc4py-dev will be
>> in sync with latest changes in petsc-dev. Sometimes, a delay of a week
>> or so should be expected.
>
>   This we understand.
>
>>> $ hg clone http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc4py/petsc4py-dev
>>

>   So the only thing holding us up is having Matt add support for using hg to
> download in BuildSystem. There was support for bk but hg was never added.
>

>   Matt, can you add this?

IIRC, there were issues about that a URL like
"http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc4py/petsc4py-dev" provides no clue about
the repo being a Mercurial one. However, I want to mention a
"convention" it is being used elsewere (see for example:
http://pip.openplans.org/#requirements-files)...  Basically, you have
to prefix the URL like this:
"hg+http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc4py/petsc4py-dev".. then the hg+ svn+
git+ bzr+ prefix provides the required clue.

--
Lisandro Dalcín