who broke PCFieldSplit code in petsc-dev?????????

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Nov 12 07:38:17 CST 2009

Barry Smith wrote:
>     A couple of weeks ago these examples ran fine and did not crash. Now
> they crash. Perhaps it was not a change to fieldsplit that caused the
> recent crashes, but it is a recent change to something.

Indeed, but I am still responsible.  When I changed MatSetBlockSize to
not error when called (with compatible bs) on BAIJ, I forgot to actually
change the block size for the MPI* matrices, just for a->A and a->B.

Can we run TESTEXAMPLES_DATAFILESPATH in the nightlies?

Note that PETSC_MAT_LIB does not depend on PETSC_DM_LIB.  This is
violated in mhyp.c, all over impls/adic (but I never got ADIC working),
and in tests/ex96.c (which can be trivially moved to
dm/da/examples/tests).  This breaks anything that tries to link against
PETSC_MAT_LIB (but not PETSC_KSP_LIB which does depend on PETSC_DM_LIB).

Jed