ASM question

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 12 19:55:09 CDT 2009

   Matt,

    Easy as A, B, C

A)   First set the overlap to zero
B)    Second call PCASMSetLocalSubdomains() with the index sets for
each subdomain on the process (I am assuming you have these and they
overlap)
C)    Make a shell matrix with one method MatGetSubMatrices(), pass
this matrix in as the second matrix to KSPSetOperators()
       have that method give back the created overlapped matrix it
knows how to do as its method for MatGetSubMatrices()

   Barry

Note: the index sets you pass into B tells the PCASM the vecscatters
it needs to make.