Option -pc_factor_mat_solver_package is damn longish

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 6 15:29:47 CDT 2009

    The reason the _mat_ is in there is because the level of the
operation is in the Mat methods not in PC methods

   One could argue about the _package. The alternative would be the
word _type but I selected package to make
it really clear this means the "package" where the solver comes from.
Having just -pc_factor_mat_solver would not
match our style (where we use _type). We have -pc_type -pc_mg_type etc
not -pc_mg

    Barry