Unsure about some entries in log_summary for 2B DoF problem

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 4 13:46:58 CDT 2009

    Matt is completely correct. What this means is that though some
processes wait a long time for the dots, MOST processes don't wait
much at all.
In other words, the dot causes very little idle time integrated over
the whole machine.

Meanwhile for flow (where the percentage is large) the dots cause a
LARGE amount of idle time integrated over the machine.

Why it is high for one and not the other I do not know.

    Barry