building PETSc on Windows

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:09:44 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 2) BuildSystem assumes that the shell is '/bin/sh'... I would need it
>> to find "sh" in the $PATH instead...
>
> Where is this assumption? In BuildSystem/config/programs.py we explicitly
> search for 'sh', so it is available, we just need to use it everywhere.

Check this file:

config/PETSc/utilities/petscdir.py

See the lines

      host   = config.base.Configure.executeShellCommand(self.shell+'
'+configGuess, log = self.framework.log)[0]
      output = config.base.Configure.executeShellCommand(self.shell+'
'+configSub+' '+host, log = self.framework.log)[0]

then see that 'self.shell' is naively defined to '/bin/sh' in
Script.__init__() in the file below

config/BuildSystem/script.py

--
Lisandro Dalcín