PCShell interface

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Jun 10 11:33:27 CDT 2009

Barry Smith wrote:

>    Go ahead. This has been on the todo list for a decade.

I see two ways to do it.  One is to define a PCOperation enum and have
PCShellSetOperation (analogous to MatShell), the other is to just update
the current interface for void* -> PC.  The former results in less code
(though more changes today), but the latter offers stronger type
checking and is not outrageously bloated because the PC interface is
pretty small.  What is your preference?

>    Remember to update dev.html with the change and change any examples
> that use PCShell.
>
>    Note you have to update the Fortran stubs for these beasts (some of
> the uglier stuff in PETSc.)

Yep.

Jed