hypre

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibo at mandriva.com
Tue Jun 9 08:47:53 CDT 2009

Satish Balay ha scritto:

>>> Perhaps you have a typo.. I just verified - the build works for me..
>>>

>> sound strange. Btw, r u using hypre-2.0.0? or newer?
>>

> --download-hypre=1
>
> The package dependencies are encoded inside configure. For eg:
> petsc-2.3.3-p15/python/PETSc/packages/hypre.py lists:
> ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/externalpackages/hypre-2.0.0.tar.gz
>
> However - your log [from 'make all'] indicateds '--with-shared' option
> was not used..
>
> Satish
Indeed I found the problem. It was the missing of "all" in make, I was
just using
"make -j 8" and not "make -j 8 all". In that case when the hypre was
enabled it was building only the
static libraries and not the shared. Curiously previously with hypre
disabled and without specifying any "all" target in make
both the static and shared version were built.

Thanks to all for the hints.

Bye
Giuseppe.