please take care to fix all examples that us an API you changed

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Fri Jul 17 13:59:07 CDT 2009

I was responsible for some of these failures, they are working now.

I see differences in the last digit for a lot of tests which
contaminates the output.  The use of -xxx_monitor_short should take care
of most architecture dependence and I think these differences are caused
by minor algorithmic changes since the reference output was generated.
I this really is the case, the reference output should be updated.

Also, output generally hasn't been updated for SNES printing minlambda
so these show up everywhere.

Could someone enlighten me on the difference between "tests" and
"tutorials"?  Is the idea that tutorials should be commented
sufficiently verbosely to be useful for learning about a given
functionality while tests just excercise a given code path?

Jed