change to petsc-dev

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 24 13:49:53 CDT 2008

    I have pushed the change to PETSc-dev that eliminates the const
from the definition of XXXType (for example VecType).
In theory this should have minimal affects on your codes. The only
change I think you may need are changing, for example,

    VecType mt = MPIVEC;

    const VecType mt = MPIVEC.

   Please let me know immediately if you have trouble compiling PETSc
after this change. If you are frantically writing your code
for a midnight deadline you may want to forgo pulling PETSc until
after your deadline on the tiny chance that this change
breaks something and drives you insane.