Mat and row/column ownership ranges

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 14:08:18 CDT 2008

Now that we can get Mat ownership range/reanges from rows and cols,
would it make sense to condensate the calls into a single
MatGetOwnershipRange[s] able to return all the ranges? Something like:

MatGetOwnershipRange(Mat A, PetscInt* rlow, PetscInt *rhigh, PetscInt
*clow, PetscInt *chigh);
MatGetOwnershipRanges(Mat A, const PetscInt* rowranges, const PetscInt
*colranges);

We could still provide MatGetOwnershipRange[s]Row() and
MatGetOwnershipRange[s]Column() and implement the first to calls above
in terms of these later four. Of course, this smells to too many ways
to do it.

Note that I'm +0 on this, I just wanted to point out some other choices.

--
Lisandro Dalcín