first comments after reviewing and trying the new matrix factorization code

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:24:14 CDT 2008

I've started to wrap the functionality of the new code in petsc4py.
However, I'm detecting some inconsistencies and possible
improvements/simplifications and then I need some directions in order
to push good fixes in petsc-dev.

Then, here is my tow first questions.

1) Suppose I do

MatGetFactor(A, solver_package, factor_type, &F)

Then, if the call is successful, the following should happen

a) F->factor should be equal to 'factor_type'
b) F->preallocated sould be PETSC_TRUE
c) F->assembled sould be PETSC_TRUE

Is this OK?

2) What should be the output of MatView(F, viewer) ?

--
Lisandro Dalcín