Compiling PETSc with Visual Studio 2008

Farshid Mossaiby mossaiby at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 10:19:17 CDT 2008

I built PETSc with this command line after installing
latest MPICH2:

./config/configure.py --with-cc='win32fe cl
--nodetect' --with-fc=0 --with-ar='win32fe lib
--nodetect' PETSC_ARCH=cygwin-c-debug-mpi --with-mpi=1
--with-mpi-dir=/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/MPICH2/
--download-c-blas-lapack=../f2cblaslapack.tar.gz

It compiles OK but stops after "make all test":

Completed building libraries
Shared libraries disabled
Running test examples to verify correct installation

... and I have to press Ctrl-C to quit. Have I done
anything wrong?

Regards,
Farshid Mossaiby