Fortran integer declaration in petscdef.h

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 7 10:02:22 CDT 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Thomas DE-SOZA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if in $PETSC_DIR/include/finclude/petscdef.h :
>
>     50  #if defined(PETSC_HAVE_MPIUNI)
>     51  #define MPI_Comm PetscFortranInt
>     52  #define PetscMPIInt PetscFortranInt
>     53  #else
>     54  #define MPI_Comm integer
>     55  #define PetscMPIInt integer
>     56  #endif
>
> the integer declaration should not be changed to something dependent on
> PETSC_SIZEOF_INT.

Hmm - not sure I understand this.

MPI standard defines MPI_Comm on fortran side as integer. So the lines
54, 55 are correct.

Wrt MPIUNI - it doesn't attempt to comply with MPI standard. The
correct MPI compliant software for np=1 is MPICH. [MPIUNI defaults to
using a datatype equivalent to C integer for convinence]

Satish