Compiling on Solaris 10 for X86

Yi-Feng Adam Zhang Adam.Zhang at Sun.COM
Thu May 10 21:40:12 CDT 2007

Hi Matt,

I am a Software Engineer, working for Sun Microsystems. My team is
called Open Source Team. Our intend or goal is to make some significant
invest on Open Source Community to support them to make their software
or solution available on Solaris and Sun Grid. Both of them are open
sourced now: www.opensolaris.org, https://sungrid.dev.java.net/ and
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/
PETSc is a well known with high-profile community in Scientific
Computing area. I'd like to port PETSc to Solaris OS 10 for X86 Platform
and make it available on Sun Grid Compute Utility which is available
from http://www.network.com . If everything is OK both on technical side
and license side, I'd like to release a Solaris Package on the Internet,
Maybe PETSc website, https://sungrid.dev.java.net/ or other 3rd party
website. So the developers including Solaris developers or Sun Grid
Developers can use or adopt the PETSc with a already-built Solaris Package.

BTW, I find I can't subscribe or use another alias:
petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov which is mainly for installation & compilation
questioning. Is this alias still working?

Regards,
Adam