Complex numbers and C compiler

Mathieu Taillefumier taillefu at mpi-halle.mpg.de
Thu May 18 06:05:04 CDT 2006

Dear All,

I modify the library in order to be able to compile the complex version of the library using a C compiler. Most of the modifications are in the header files, but I needed to modify the name of some variables in some of the source code. The first run I made using one of my program gives the same results than the one with c++ version of the library. But before sending the part I modified, I would like to know if you have a very heavy test suite for the library.

The second point is that you need to have c99 compliant compiler, which means on intel processors that you need to use icc or gcc 4.1 (gcc 4.0 most work also, but I didn't try). The other thing is that I have only access to computer based on intel or amd processors, which means that I cannot test the code on all possibles architectures in particular CRAY and s.o.

Regards

Mathieu

Dr Mathieu Taillefumier
Max Planck Institute for Microstructure physics
Weinberg 2,
D-06120 Halle (Saale)
Germany