Fwd: New Additions

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:43:02 CST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 17, 2006 10:42 AM
Subject: New Additions
To: petsc-dev at mc.anl.gov
Cc: Dmitry Karpeev <karpeev at mcs.anl.gov>

I just pushed:

  1) A new changes file for dev. We can add things we do to this file, and
then
      move them to whatever version we decide to release. That way people
      can see what is happening in dev realtime.

  2) I added a nice Matlab DA viewer to viewers/util that Ethan and Rich
wrote.
      There is a script to use it in bin/matlab. Ethan now believes all this
can be
      converted seamlessly to Matplotlib in Python (which has Matlab
syntax).

  3) I added the method of charcteristics solver to
src/contrib/semiLagrange.
      Check out the examples. They are really cool.

"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec
Guiness