[PETSC #14656] "multivector" support in PETSc?

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Apr 9 15:25:41 CDT 2006

At 01:10 PM 4/8/2006, Barry Smith wrote:

>    The biggest reason we haven't added "multi-vectors" is more design
>decisions that have to be made then actual code implementation. There are
>two important design decisions:

Thanks, Barry.  I agree with both of your suggestions.  For the second case
(storage ordering), in the long term, I might want to allow several forms
of interlacing and padding, depending on what testing shows provides a
significant performance boost.

Bill

William Gropp
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~gropp