Build system

S V N Vishwanathan vishy at mail.rsise.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 14 17:45:56 CDT 2005

Hi!

We are looking to piggy bank our build on top of the PETSc build
system. I see that many packages (viz. TAO) have managed to do that. I
am looking for some documentation. In general, I am a bit confused about
what is the best way to achieve this integration. Ideally, we would like
to distribute a patched version of the PETSc build system which when
given the flags --with-pypetsc=1 and --download-pypetsc=1 does the
needful.

BTW we are inching closer towards an alpha release (extremely unstable
but usable) by the end of this month.

vishy