configure options

Boyana Norris norris at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 19 12:39:15 CDT 2005

This is a suggestion for a trivial addition to what goes in configure.log
(that is, if it's not already available elsewhere). One feature that I've
found very handy in the otherwise unpleasant use of gnu configure is the
ability to cut and paste the options given to configure from the config.log
(or .status) file, in the case when building multiple versions or slightly
differently configured builds. This doesn't seem to be available with
PETSc's configure, or at least not obviously so. If I take the array of
options from configure.log, I can't just paste it on the configure command
line.

Boyana