[petsc-announce] Release of PETSc 3.7

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 25 16:48:18 CDT 2016

We are pleased to announce the release of PETSc version 3.7 at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc

The major changes and updates can be found at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/changes/37.html; we have also updated to the most recent releases of many of the external packages used by PETS.

We recommend upgrading to PETSc 3.7 soon. As always, please report problems to  petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov and ask questions at petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov

I'd also like to welcome our second PETSc developer named Hong Zhang, who has been adding efficient scalable adjoint sensitivities to our ODE solvers over the last year and one half.

A special thanks to PETSc developer Lisandro Dalcin who has done a great deal of refactoring and improvements to large portions of the code base include TS and PetscDraw.

  This release includes contributions from

Alejandro Lamas Daviña
Andrew Cramer
Asbjørn Nilsen Riseth
Ata Mesgarnejad
Barry Smith
Cameron Smith
Ce Qin
Cian Wilson
Dave May
Debojyoti Ghosh
Derek Mikesell
Dmitry Karpeyev
Dominic Meiser
Eike Mueller
Elliott Sales de Andrade
Emil Constantinescu
Eric Chamberland
Fande Kong
Hong Zhang
Hong Zhang
Jack Poulson
Jason Sarich
Jed Brown
Jose E. Roman
Karl Rupp
Lawrence Mitchell
Lin Dong
Lisandro Dalcin
Mark Adams
Matthew G. Knepley
Michael Lange
Patrick Farrell
Patrick Sanan
Pierre Barbier de Reuille
Ravi Samtaney
Richard Tran Mills
Satish Balay
Shri Abhyankar
Siegfried Cools
Stefano Zampini
Steven G. Johnson
Sylvain Mercier
Thomas Klotz
Tianyi Li
Toby Isaac
Tom Klotz
Vijay Mahadevan
Vincent Le Chenadec
Lilia Zianekhodja

and bug reports/patches/proposed improvements received from

Abdul Hanan Sheikh
Adrian Croucher
Alfredo Buttari
Alicia Klinvex