values sporadically set to zero in output arrays

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Fri Aug 21 10:46:02 CDT 2015

Hi, Andreas

PnetCDF has a set of programs for testing, in both sequential and parallel runs.
Once you finished the make command, you can run "make check" followed by "make ptest".
Detailed instructions can be found in file INSTALL.

If your system is a cross-compile environment, then you will have to run the above
make commands from a batch script. You need to set a few environment variables.
See file INSTALL for more info. If this is the case, I suggest you first build
all the executables of testing programs by running the commands below, so you
don't spend compile time on the batch job.
    cd test; make; cd ../examples; make; cd ..

Could you tell us a little about your I/O? Such as the array size, the PnetCDF APIs
(var, vara, vars ...) in used, blocking or nonblocking one, whether the problem
happens to record variables only, and your configure command.

There is a possibility that it can be the system problem, if your earlier
statement below is still true.
>>> On a totally different system I did not encounter this problem (so far).

Wei-keng