pnetcdf test/DRY RUN Error in wrf simulation

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 4 10:57:50 CDT 2014

On 06/04/2014 10:09 AM, BasitAli Khan wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Following is the snippet of the subroutine in wrf_io.F90. Actually line
> 2403 is just a variable declaration.

sorry, not just any wrf_io.F90.  the one from the pnetcdf driver.  I
think that's going to be external/io_pnetcdf/wrf_io.F90

2399   elseif(DH%FileStatus == WRF_FILE_OPENED_NOT_COMMITTED) then
2400     do NVar=1,MaxVars
2401       if(DH%VarNames(NVar) == VarName ) then
2402         Status = WRF_WARN_2DRYRUNS_1VARIABLE
2403         write(msg,*) 'Warning 2 DRYRUNS 1 VARIABLE
(',TRIM(VarName),') in ',__FILE__,     ', line', __LINE__
2404         call wrf_debug ( WARN , TRIM(msg))
2405         return

I don't know WRF all that well.  Does "open not committed" sound like
something you are doing?

==rob

> [...]
>>>
>>> King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
>>>
>>> 4700 King Abdullah Blvd, Box 2753, Thuwal 23955 ­6900,
>>>
>>> Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
>>>
>>> Office: +966(0)12 808 0276,  Mobile: +966(0)5 0860 3617
>>>
>>> E-mail: basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa <mailto:basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa>
>>>
>>> Skype name: basit.a.khan
>>>
>>> From: KAUST <basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa
>>> <mailto:basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa>>
>>> Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:05 PM
>>> To: "parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov <mailto:parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov>"
>>> <parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov <mailto:parallel-netcdf at mcs.anl.gov>>
>>> Subject: pnetcdf test
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>> I am new to pnetcdf. I want to compile it for faster IO  of WRF model on
>>> our bluegeneP with Linux RedHat 10 on it. I apparently successfully
>>> installed the latest version of pnetcdf 1.4.1, however when i run  'make
>>> testing', i got few errors (log file attached).  I would greatly
>>> appreciate if you could have a look and advise where i am going wrong.
>>>
>>> The compilation of parallel netcdf created 4 directories. The contents
>>> of these dir are as follows:
>>>
>>> /lib/libpnetcdf.a
>>> /include/pnetcdf.h  pnetcdf.inc  pnetcdf.mod
>>> /bin/ncmpidiff  ncmpidump  ncmpigen  ncmpivalid
>>> /man/man1/ncmpidiff.1  ncmpidump.1  ncmpigen.1  ncmpivalid.1
>>> /man/man3/pnetcdf.3  pnetcdf_f77.3  pnetcdf_f90.3
>>>

>>> Another question is that, do i have to do anything special to use it
>>> with WRF?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance and best regards,
>>>

>>> b:)
>>> ----
>>>
>>> Basit A. Khan, Ph.D.
>>>
>>> Postdoctoral Research Fellow
>>>
>>> Division of Physical Sciences & Engineering
>>>
>>> Office# 3204, Level 3, Building 1,
>>>
>>> King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
>>>
>>> 4700 King Abdullah Blvd, Box 2753, Thuwal 23955 ­6900,
>>>
>>> Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
>>>
>>> Office: +966(0)12 808 0276,  Mobile: +966(0)5 0860 3617
>>>
>>> E-mail: basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa <mailto:basitali.khan at kaust.edu.sa>
>>>
>>> Skype name: basit.a.khan

>>> This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely
>>> for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or
>>> have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and
>>> distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before
>>> printing this email.
>>
>> --
>> Rob Latham
>> Mathematics and Computer Science Division
>> Argonne National Lab, IL USA

> This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Argonne National Lab, IL USA