My program get stuck ... Bug ?

BERCHET ADRIEN adrien.berchet at univ-poitiers.fr
Tue Apr 29 14:21:30 CDT 2014

Hi, thank you for your quick answer.

I am using the version 1.4.1
of PnetCDF and mpiexec --version says : mpiexec (OpenRTE) 1.4.3. And I
am currently testing on Ubuntu 12.04 - 64 bits.

I tried the sample
program you joined and it works fine. I runned it several hundreds of
times with no issue.

I also tried to remove Boost::mpi from my code
but it does not change anything.

Regards,
---

Adrien
Berchet

Institut P'
Cnrs - Université de Poitiers - Ensma
UPR
3346
Département D2 : Fluides, Thermique, Combustion
Axe Hydrodynamique
et Écoulements Environnementaux
SP2MI - Téléport 2
Boulevard Marie et
Pierre Curie, BP 30179
F86962 Futuroscope Chasseneuil Cedex -
France

Bureau : 165
Mail : adrien.berchet at univ-poitiers.fr
[3]
Téléphone : 05 49 49 69 51

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:20:59 -0500,
Wei-keng Liao wrote:

> Hi, Adrien
>
> Please let us know what version
of PnetCDF you are using? Also, version of the MPI.
> Your codes look
fine to me (at least for the PnetCDF part).

> If the problem only
happened when the number of MPI processes is larger than the number of
available cores, maybe it is caused by MPI-IO. Have you seen the same
problem happened to a pure MPI-IO program?

> A sample MPI-IO program
can be found in

https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/mpi/mpich2/trunk/src/mpi/romio/test/coll_perf.c
[2]Wei-keng

> On Apr 29, 2014, at 12:35 PM, BERCHET ADRIEN wrote:
>

>> Hi there, I am not sure it is the good place to ask this but I don't
know where I can get help about it ... I wrote a very little code to
write NetCDF files using pnetcdf. Most of the time it work well and the
netcdf file is properly generated (I checked with ncdump). But
sometimes, the program just get stuck and runs indefinitely (it seems to
happen only when the number of MPI processes is larger than the number
of available cores but I am not sure about this). The program get stuck
when it calls ncmpi_put_vara_double_all(). Could someone have a look on
the code and tell me what is wrong please ? I looked for a solution for
hours but could not find anything. Thank you very much ! Adrien --
Adrien Berchet Institut P' Cnrs - Université de Poitiers - Ensma UPR
3346 Département D2 : Fluides, Thermique, Combustion Axe Hydrodynamique
et Écoulements Environnementaux SP2MI - Téléport 2 Boulevard Marie et
Pierre Curie, BP 30179 F86962 Futuroscope Chasseneuil Cedex - France
Bureau : 165 Mail : adrien.berchet at univ-poitiers.fr [1] Téléphone : 05
49 49 69 51

Links:
------