mpi_test analog

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 20 14:18:13 CST 2012

Hi, Jim,

The "non-blocking" APIs in pnetcdf are not truly asynchronous.
They actually defer the I/O requests till ncmpi_wait_all.
So, if there is a corresponding test call and it is called
in between the post of nonblocking and wait, it will simply
return false, indicating not yet complete.

Given that, would you still like to see a test API available
in pnetcdf? (That will not be too hard to add one.)

Wei-keng