Performance tuning problem with iput_vara_double/wait_all

Liu, Jaln jaln.liu at ttu.edu
Sun Dec 30 09:27:00 CST 2012

Hi Dr. Liao,

1. Why the code would produce file type that against the requirement?
Does it mean that the I/O of each process will span all the datasets, and may result in decreasing offsets?

2. As Phil said, can we deconstruct the write call and sort the offsets before performing the actual collective write? I didn't understand why we need more space for the sorting, can we just perform the desconstructing and sorting together during the traditional aggregator assignment (when the requests are sorted and the aggregators are assigned with patitioned requests)?

Jialin