test release: parallel-netcdf 1.3.0pre1

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Mon Apr 23 13:43:12 CDT 2012

Hi, Jim,

I just built the prerelease 1.3.0pre1 on Intrepid, the BGP at Argonne, but
could not reproduce the error you reported. The Makefile in
src/lib for building ncvalid has the following lines related to ncvalid.
LIBRARY         = libpnetcdf.a
PROGRAM         = ncvalid
$(PROGRAM):     $(PROG_OBJS) $(LIBRARY)
        $(LINK.c) $(PROG_OBJS) $(LIBRARY)

So, it should put the library file at the end of link command.

Could you tell us the configure command line you used and also
send us the src/lib/Makefile?

Here is my configure command line:
./configure --host powerpc-bgp-linux --build powerpc64-suse-linux --with-mpi=/bgsys/drivers/ppcfloor/comm CFLAGS="-Wall -g -O0"

Wei-keng