pNetCDF and OpenMP?

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Mon Oct 10 11:04:39 CDT 2011

Hi, John,

We have not yet tested pnetcdf under the MPI-OpenMP hybrid programming environment.
Could you please describe more in detailed on how your program makes pnetcdf calls?
Or provide us a sample program that can re-produce the hanging?
Did you see the same hanging happened when using a different file system?
Have you tried run one OpenMP thread per MPI process and seen the same problem?

Wei-keng