MPI_TYPE_MAX limit using MPT

Maxwell Kelley kelley at giss.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 6 12:44:42 CDT 2010

My test was indeed using the nonblocking interface; I could re-code with
the blocking interface if you think that would shed some light. The same
test run with mvapich2 didn't encounter any problem.  The MPI_TYPE_MAX
issue is mentioned here

http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-February/006647.html

so perhaps it's not pnetcdf that is forgetting to free datatypes.

-Max