MPI_TYPE_MAX limit using MPT

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Wed Oct 6 11:52:20 CDT 2010

Hi, Max,

I am cc this to mpich discuss group. Hope people there can provide more thorough
answers.

I have not run jobs on a SGI machine for a long time, but I remember I have to
increase MPI_TYPE_MAX in order to run an MPI-IO job. In collective I/O, ROMIO
uses MPI derived data type for exchanging I/O requests among processes. So,
the more processes a job runs, the bigger number MPI_TYPE_MAX should be set.

Wei-keng