p-netcdf or netcdf4?

Jim Edwards edwards.jim at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:49:12 CDT 2010

To clarify what I said - pio uses pnetcdf or netcdf4 as backends, it does
not use pnetcdf as interfaced via netcdf4 rather it has it's own pnetcdf
interface - I'm not sure that would make any difference as far as memory or
performance, just want to be clear about how I'm using it.   Because the
memory issue that we've seen with netcdf4 is a show stopper with us we
haven't really looked at the performance of netcdf4/hdf5.

Jim