Compile error with parallel-netcdf libs?

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 29 11:02:44 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 05:00:10PM -0600, Gerald Creager wrote:
> Rob, all,
>
> I'm back.  Trying to compile WRFV3.1.1 and I've enabled
> parallel-NetCdf v1.1.1. The compile of parallel-netcdf appears to
> have gone swimmingly. However, I'm seeing several similar errors in
> the compile log of WRF:
>
> waitallf.c:(.text+0x4b): undefined reference to `ncmpi_waitall'
> /share/home/00791/gcreager/PnetCDF/lib/libpnetcdf.a(waitf.o): In
> function `nfmpi_wait_':
> waitf.c:(.text+0x4f): undefined reference to `ncmpi_wait'

If your library lacks an 'ncmpi_wait', then the nonblocking routines
were not built for some reason.

In the pnetcdf config.log, there is a check for three MPI functions
that are needed for the nonblocking routines: MPI_Request_get_status,
MPI_Type_dup, and MPI_Info_dup.

If you have a very old MPI implementation (MPI-1 only), then these
routines might not be available.  More likely, when configure tries to
build the tests for these routines, there is some library or include
file missing.

Can you post your config.log somewhere?  Or email it to me (just me:
it's a bit too big for posting to the list).

Argonne National Lab, IL USA