parallel netcdf version info

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 4 08:50:04 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 03:24:44PM -0700, Jim Edwards wrote:
> I gave it a try to write something into configure but then realized
> that I would need to be able to link mpi in order to call the
> ncmpi_inq_libvers function which is something that you cannot do
> from configure on all platforms.     I added a call in my libraries
> init function to that function so that I will get a runtime failure
> with a descent error message if the version is too old.

OK, here's what I'll do:  I want to avoid run-time things here because
those tests won't work on BlueGene or other cross-compile
environments. I will add some macros in pnetcdf.h that we can use at
compile time:

- PNETCDF_VERSION_MAJOR
- PNETCDF_VERSION_MINOR
- PNETCDF_VERSION_SUB
- PNETCDF_VERSION_SVN

I'll let you know when I've got that in place.

Argonne National Lab, IL USA