updating configure.in and makefiles?

Ed Hartnett ed at unidata.ucar.edu
Wed Aug 19 11:14:58 CDT 2009

Howdy all!

I notice that the configure.in and the makefiles of parallel-netcdf are
based on the old configure/makefiles of netCDF, from many years ago.

Since then we have upgraded to use libtool and automake, and brought
our configure file into line with the accepted way of doing things.

Is there any interest in upgrading parallel-netcdf to use automake? It
would make maintenance far easier, and allow me to submit patches which
would make parallel-netcdf work with netCDF-4/HDF5 files too.

Thanks,

Ed
Ed Hartnett  -- ed at unidata.ucar.edu