benchmark program question

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 26 12:52:15 CST 2008

Hi,

IOR benchmark includes pnetcdf. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ior-sio
Its pnetcdf was recently modified to use record variables. That should
take care of the file appending I/O mode.

I am interested in your results of 26 GB/s on Lustre using MPI-IO on
shared files. My experience was about 15 GB/s top on Jaguar @ORNL using an
application I/O kernel whose data partitioning patterns are 3D
block-block-block. But the results were obtained when Jaguar was running
catamount. Jaguar is currently under upgrade to new hardware and software.
I would appreciate if you can share your results.

Wei-keng