testing performance

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 17 11:09:43 CDT 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 03:58:13PM +0100, michael bane wrote:
> I tried this but all nfmpi_ routines were undefined. I can't find a
> module to 'USE' and including the 'pnetcdf.inc' gives numerous
> preprocessor errors. (Rather than list all this now, I'll see if I'm
> barking up the wrong tree altogether...)

Hi Michael

I'm not too up on my fortran and fortran90, but I know it's possible.

If you have no nfmpi_ routines defined, it sounds like configure did
not find a fortran compiler?  When you ran configure, did the last few
lines say the fortran bindings would be built? ( "parallel-netcdf
configured WITH fortran bindings")

You might also want to take a look at some of the fortran code in the
'test/' directory for simple examples of code that uses pnetcdf.