pre-release: parallel-netcdf 1.0.2pre2

Patrick Jöckel joeckel at mpch-mainz.mpg.de
Tue Feb 20 03:36:50 CST 2007

Hi Rob,

thank you very much for the update.
Version 1.0.2pre2 configured and compiled without any problems
on AIX 5.3 (in 64-bit mode).
The executables ncmpidump and  ncmpigen work fine.
However, ncvalid gives error messages with valid netCDF files:

Error @ [0x651c4e18]:
        Unexpected EOF, while fetching the name string of variable[1] in
VARIABLE list!

Error @ [0x00000000]:
        Unknow magic number, while (C D F \001) is expected!

Yours,

          Patrick

On Saturday 17 February 2007 02:11, Robert Latham wrote:
> With many thanks to our BGL and AIX testers, here is a new pnetcdf
> pre-release.
>
> Really only two big fixes in this pre-release, but they appear to be
> causing a lot of grief:
>
> - fix configure bugs on AIX
> - get configure settings included sooner
>
> Please give this new pre-release a shot, and let the list know if you
> run into any problems.
>
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf
>
> ==rob (and the rest of Team Parallel-NetCDF)

Dr. Patrick Joeckel
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry
Joh.-J. Becher Weg 27
55128 Mainz                   phone:++49-6131-305452
Germany                       fax  :++49-6131-305436
                             e-mail:joeckel at mpch-mainz.mpg.de
                         http://www.mpch-mainz.mpg.de/~joeckel