Parallel netCDF

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 2 14:06:23 CST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 02:54:07PM -0500, Weikuan Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some benchmark and/or applications running over Parallel
> netCDF. Can anybody provide some pointers to them?
>
> There have been some previous posting about running FLASH (or FLASH IO)
> over PnetCDF. Not sure if a fresh package will run by default over
>  PnetCDF. Please advise,

Hi Weikuan

The initial pnetcdf port of the flash i/o kernel used an older version
of the API.  If you want to flash i/o to benchmark pnetcdf, you should
probably use the version we link to at the pio-benchmarking site:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/pio-benchmark/

There are some other simple benchmarks in the test/ directory.  You
might have to write your own benchmark if there's a particular pattern
you are interested in exercising.  If you do, please send it to us :>