pNetCDF and WRF

John Michalakes john at michalakes.us
Sun Oct 29 01:58:48 CDT 2006

An update and a question:

Update: Parallel NetCDF is now successfully integrated as an I/O option into
the Weather Research and Forecast Model. Thanks for your help answering
questions these last couple of weeks. This new capability will be included
in the upcoming WRF 2.2 release in December 2006. pNetCDF will be supported
but not required in WRFv2.2 (it will be possible to build and run WRF
without it). We will not distribute pNetCDF with WRF; rather, users will be
directed to install pNetCDF from the ANL distribution.

Question: what is the status of pNetCDF on Blue Gene, please? Any caveats or
other special information?

Thanks again,

John

John Michalakes, Software Engineer        michalak at ucar.edu
NCAR, MMM Division                   voice: +1 303 497 8199
3450 Mitchell Lane                     fax: +1 303 497 8181
Boulder, Colorado 80301 U.S.A.        cell: +1 720 209 2320
        http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/individual/michalakes