building 1.0.0 on BG/L

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 25 12:39:04 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:00:36AM -0600, James P. Edwards wrote:
> I've been using the 1.0.0-pre2 release on a bluegene-L system.
> Esentially this is a ppc running linux with ibm compilers on a cross
> compiling platform.
>
> In trying the 1.0.0 release I get the following message from configure:
>
> configure: error: F77 does not support "integer*"
>
> Indeed integer* is not supported, I am surprised that the configure
> would bail on that error?

Hi James
I'm sorry for the long delay in responding to you.

If you are still interested, please try out this pnetcdf snapshot:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf/parallel-netcdf-snapshot-20051020.tar.bz2
or
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf/parallel-netcdf-snapshot-20051020.tar.gz

It contains a 'README.bgl' with a recpie for how we built pnetcdf on
the Argonne bgl.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B